Scots in New England, Inc. (SINE) recognizes the concern of all users of this website regarding the privacy of personal information. All information provided to Scots in New England, Inc., is stored securely and may only be accessed by those with appropriate permissions.
How your data is collected
We will collect information from you if you complete any forms on our site, leave a business card at one of our events or if you contact us with comments or specific requests, and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
What we use your data for
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the highest possible level of service and to help you get the best out of this website.
- For the effective administration of this site and to record user patterns.
- To send you details on Scots in New England, Inc. events and services likely to be of interest.
- To respond to your comments or specific requests.
- Scots in New England, Inc., has conducted a Legitimate Interest Assessment to ensure that our use of personal data in marketing communications is proportionate, has a minimal privacy impact, and that you would not be surprised or likely to object to receiving such communications. At any time, you are free to amend your communication preferences by contacting [email protected]. You can also do so by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ feature at the bottom of our emails.
It may be necessary for the Scots in New England, Inc., to transfer your information to third-party processors, such as mailing houses, partners in joint ventures, companies contracted to run our events, or to other Women in World Trade offices. Arrangements are made to ensure that such information is adequately protected.
Amending or viewing your data
Scots in New England, Inc., will endeavor to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct them promptly. If you have any questions/comments about the data we hold on you or wish to see the data we hold on you, please contact the Scots in New England, Inc. office.
Information on minors
Scots in New England, Inc., does not knowingly collect for the company to use any personal information of children under 12 without the consent of their parent or carer.
Scots in New England, Inc., uses reputable third parties to deliver the e-mails you receive if you are a member of Scots in New England, Inc., have subscribed via this site to e-mail newsletters, or left a business card at one of our events. Your e-mail address will not be shared with any third party other than an agent who has agreed to send e-mails on our behalf.